MAGIC BOX!!
Tonight, just now, Rishi & I discovered the magic box sitting unassumedly in the garage. What did this so-called "magic box" contain, you ask?
- crib rails
- queen-sized sheets
- cell phone charger
- Sherwin Williams paint card deck
What does this mean?
- Lily can be transitioned from sharing a bedroom with us, her weary parents, to Ellis, her soon-to-be-weary-of-sharing-his-bedroom brother
- we can throw away (the input in me may never again allow me to "yay!" throwing anything away, so relish this moment) the blue chambray sheets Rishi bought, without matching pillowcases, before we were married, which, I'm embarrassed to say, we have been sleeping on since the day we moved into this house & which, I'm also embarrassed to say, started to rip little by little while we tossed & turned dreaming of said magic box just after we moved over a month ago & are now more gaping hole than sheet, so we are now essentially sleeping on our mattress pad
- I no longer have to charge my phone every single second I am in the car, only to receive errant "charge complete" messages & have the phone shut-off at random & inopportune times that leave me without a means of all-acccess communication, long-distance, even, that I have become accustomed to & rely on more than I had realized
- picking paint colors can be done from the comfort of our own home, not running around from Home Depot to Lowe's to Sears, etc., etc., etc.
Bonus: My hope against hope was actualized, despite Rishi's doubts. Everything that was missing since our move, everything we could ever want or need, was to be found in a single magic box -- finding it left us overjoyed & complete once again.
I hereby challenge Amy to write an ode to our magic box, if she has any words leftover after adding thousands of words per day to her novel. If she succeeds, I will post her poem & fabulous pictures or our fantastic box...

3 Comments:
I'm sorry I ever doubted you, Magic Box.
Please forgive me.
11/06/2006 10:09 AM
i am glad i am not the one that packed those things for you.
looking forward to hearing Amy's ode to the Magic Box -- if she can find the words. -m
11/06/2006 3:39 PM
I'm working on it...
11/08/2006 12:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home