the 3 little "El"s
Ellis & Elisha
ElanahThe pictures aren't great -- they were too energetic after their naps to sit still & all together, so these were taken while they played in the kitchen.
Today I babysat Elisha & Elanah because their caretaker, Alfie, is out sick. As I was feeling anxious about this, Maria encouraged me that this is a practical way to be the church, so to speak, in loving Ravi & Diane; Kim reminded me of the C. S. Lewis quote about so-called interruptions being God's true calling on our life; & Rishi prayed for me this morning (I even think that the meeting for the men of our gathering not working out was a gift from Him to me, since Rishi was ready to go extra early, but chose to come back home to help me get Ellis ready to be to their house on time). Clearly it wasn't overly exhausting (or I'd be in bed already, not up blogging on the computer). As an added bonus, Rishi not only joined us as back-up for lunch, but took me out to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight, as well. I'm glad to report that I really experienced the Lord in my day with my niece, nephew, & son, who was the most difficult to manage, though I didn't get a single one of their names right on the first try due to all of them beginning with "El".

6 Comments:
This sounds a bit deranged, perhaps, but I was so grateful to the Lord for putting you in such a desperate situation that you knew you needed someone to pray over you to start the day!
He is faithful to make us desperate for Him.
1/19/2006 8:45 AM
Amanda, you're putting the rest of us to shame with your daily blogs!
Great pictures, and I'm so glad that yesterday was a good day with Elaysha, Elina, and Elvis. I couldn't keep 'em straight either!
1/19/2006 11:58 AM
Amanda i appreciate the fact that i can go to your blog and have something to read, so don't listen to Amy. No pressure. If you have nothing to say, don't force it....but i am glad that you have had something to say. love the pics too. glad to hear of the Lord's faithfulness.
1/19/2006 4:09 PM
This helps a lot. Now I know why I forgot about the meeting yesterday morning - it was your fault!
1/19/2006 6:48 PM
What I enjoy most about Amanda's blog is that even if she hasn't written anything that day, I can check the site to find out which comments from other users passed inspection.
It gives you a sense of accountability when you post a comment. Maybe you make it on the board, maybe you don't. Find out tomorrow!
1/20/2006 5:52 AM
I wonder what would happen if I just do this for a comment? Will I still make it?
1/23/2006 7:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home